Bible Study Online!
Thanks for being here with us!
We are not social distancing, we are physical distancing, and we appreciate being able to meet with you!
Our intention as a local church body is to be the light in the darkness, a city on a hill, and the hope for all who seek answers to the times we are in.
"I am confident that those who call themselves Oakley Church family have earned the right to be heard in other people's lives because of the love and passion for God's presence and the desire to see other's freed and alive in Him!"
After watching this 👆🏼, Let’s walk through this 👇🏼 😀
Here's How This Works:
- You can answer the questions, take notes and make comments right here online by clicking on the "Add notes" tab just below each section or question.
- When you're finished, at the bottom of the page you'll see "Email My Notes" insert your email address and just below that you'll see the option to receive "MY NOTES + ORIGINAL NOTES" or "MY NOTES ONLY", check one of those. and your notes will be sent to your email address!
- Just so you know, these notes and answers you make are not passed on. We cannot see them on our end, these are only for you to see.
- So you also will not be graded :-)
- Reminder: Wednesday night's zoom meeting is at 6:30 now, and we will also be at the church as we go through this.
This week's study
We'll preface this study each week - This week; What are your thoughts when reading 1 John 2:17 to yourself?
Write your thoughts here:
Question 1: In this week's message we looked into Romans Chapter 12
Please read the chapter, then consider the questions below.
a. Have you heard this scripture quoted before?
b. What is your view of the patterns of this world?
c. What is the difference between "Conform" and "Transform"?
Discuss: (And take notes)
Question 2: Read Romans 12:1-2 from the message version
a. Do you find yourself "adjusted to the culture"?
b. Do you find yourself out of touch with culture today?
c. Talk about the balance of knowing the culture, yet being separate from it.
d. How do we "Earn the right to be heard" and do you find that important? (Ask pastor Bill about that term)
Pause for a moment:
Below is a button that will take you to our "Essentials" course. We called it that long before the popularity of the word came about.
This is our "Get Connected" course. If you'd like to go through this four week course with us please let us know and we'll put the dates together. It's a GREAT way for you to get to know our story and for us to connect with you!
a. Do you like the good news first or the bad news first?
b. Do you feel that this chaos that's taking place is God's way of revealing the bad news? or the good news?
c. Have you experienced a heightened sense of anxiety, anger, frustration or fear?
d. If you have any concerns and need prayer for yourself or anyone else, please reach out to us by Clicking Here and asking for prayer.
a.Have you experienced God giving you a word for someone or The Holy Spirit nudging you to speak about something?
d. What is the first thing we should do when we feel that God is speaking to us, or speaking to us through someone else?
Question 5: Let's talk about the subject of being in the world but not of the world:
a. Discuss the catch phrase: "To be in the world, but not of the world." What does it mean? (Without scripture for just a minute)
If you didn't catch Sunday's Message you can see it here
FOR FURTHER THOUGHT...
"I'M SENSING REVIVAL" (pb)
It is the perfect time to start preparing your life for REVIVAL!
Here is the Webster's Dictionary definition for "Revival"
a: renewed attention to or interest in something
b: a new presentation or publication of something old
c(1): a period of renewed religious interest
(2): an often highly emotional evangelistic meeting or series of meetings
Lou Engle says "Revival is the eruption of God's heart on a life poured out"
We find ourselves in the perfect storm for revival, if we'll posture ourselves in humility and rely on nothing else but Him.
These are some things we can do to usher revival in to our own lives:
- Seek His Word
- Humble ourselves before Him - go to Him
- Understand Zachariah 12:10 - That we shall be blessed by the one we have pierced. We'll have a heart that repents and mourns before Him in humility.
Here are some phases we can look to for revival:
- Having A Holy Discontent: A deep dissatisfaction with the low state of our faith, culture and even church community.
- Desired Preparation: The deep work of preparation that God undertakes in the hearts of those He wishes to fill with His presence.
- Contending: The act of moving from a life posture of consumption and passivity, to one of contending for God's presence to come with power.
- Setting Holy Patterns: Re orientating our lives around patterns that enable us to live and operate in His presence.
- Being The Remnant: A group of individuals being renewed by God and willingly used for His purpose and glory.
- Desire Renewal: Having a desire for the newness of God - Looking to Him for direction and spiritual renewal - looking through His eyes for new life.
- Passion For Revival: This is when Renewal goes viral; this begins the contagious renewal that spreads through the body of Christ and Kingdom. Here is where your life will take on new ground. It's where the church will take on new territory and our lives become more victorious than ever. The foundation of repentance is layered in Grace, Power, Supplication, and Strength.
The power of The promised Spirit of God will cause an atmosphere change in your life and those around you so dig deep and enjoy the victories that are on their way!
Our testimony is not that we are perfected, it's that we are being made perfect (Matthew 5:48)
Testimony; "It is the Truth of His word that withstands any torrent or storm in this life. GOD didn't build His house on the rock, that is for us to do; GOD IS THE ROCK which we shall build upon!" ~PB
It was God's plan all along to save you and I.
This is pretty exciting and reflects not only the love of God, but the plans that He has had for you and I. It makes more sense under this lens that scriptures come to light and have more powerful meaning!
But they also go on and on about how He is never taken by surprise by our troubles and the situations we face whether world wide, or at home.
If you are in a situation of desperation or confusion PLEASE be sure and reach out to us !
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you have a problem that needs solving right now or in the near future?
- Do you have questions that need answering?
- Are you concerned for your future, your finances, your family?
- What can I do to solve the problems or challenges that I and/or my family may have?
Here are some thoughts to provoke answers to these questions:
- What can you do about any of the problems you may be facing?
- Are there some concerns that can be calmed by taking action on your part?
- How can you make adjustments now that will assure a more confident future?
- Where is your focus now?
Here are some leadership considerations for this time:
- Know that you are a leader to someone, and show them the confidence that you have in The Lord and that fact that He has a plan!
- Be sure and take time to take care of yourself and family in this time.
- Take in and pass on ONLY GOOD INFORMATION!
- Stay positive while remaining wise to the reality of the situation.
Here are some suggestions for time management:
- If you're watching TV, then limit the fear, anxiety and overly dramatic.
- If you're ending up with too much down time, consider ways to exercise or be active, like stationary equipment or even a walk in areas where you can be sure of distancing.
- Pureflix is a Christian based TV that has wholesome stories and encourages us to share our faith. (Click here to check it out)
- In your prayer time, bring your bible and allow God to show you some things you may not have seen before. (Here's a link to an online Bible as well)
- Ask about other people. Call them, text them, message them, it means a lot.